AboutRisk® Learning -OneBeacon Healthcare Group’s Online Healthcare Risk Management Education Course
Health care risk management programs continue to evolve, taking a broader operational approach to decision making. As a result, there is a pressing need for training – across a variety of healthcare settings – that provides an understanding of the fundamental skills, program goals, elements and responsibilities needed for an effective risk management program. OneBeacon Healthcare Group’s AboutRisk® Learning Health Care Risk Management Course provides the information necessary to assist risk professionals in achieving these goals, and demonstrates the value of an operational risk management approach to organizational leadership.
We’ve created an online education training course that seeks to help risk management professionals advance their skills and effectiveness in a variety of settings.
Key Course Features
- Self-paced learning
- On-demand, easily accessible web-based learning modules
- Dedicated program faculty with the opportunity for live discussion
- Certificate of Completion and ASHRM CEUs awarded at course completion
Available to OneBeacon Healthcare Group™ professional liability policyholders, and already included in their policy cost!
Program Learning Objectives
- State the fundamental principles and processes of health care risk management
- Compare and describe the difference between a traditional and operational (enterprise) health care risk management program
- Identify, analyze and apply risk management data, supported by sample tools including root cause analysis (RCA) and failure mode effects analysis (FMEA)
- Give examples of the interrelationship of risk control, risk financing and claims management
- Design and implement an effective risk management program in a variety of health care settings
The faculty for this program includes leaders in the insurance, risk management, claims and brokerage communities:
- Peggy Martin, MS, ARN, MEd, CPHRM, DFSHRM, QRM Strategies
- Roberta Carroll, RN, BS, MBA, CPCU, ARM, CPHQ, CPHRM, LHRM, HEM, Health Care Risk Management Consultant
- Patricia Hughes, MSN, CPHRM, FASHRM, OneBeacon Healthcare Group
- Leilani Kicklighter, RN, ARM, MBA, DFASHRM, CPHRM, LHRM, The Kicklighter Group
- Robert J. Latino, Reliability Center, Inc.
- William McDonough, MPAH, ARM,FASHRM, Integro Group
- Fay Rozovsky, JD, MPH, DFSHRM, The Rozovsky Group
- Timothy Slowick, MBA, UMass Memorial Healthcare
- Joanne Hopkins, JD, Attorney at Law
- Christina Giles, CPMSM, MS, C. Giles & Associates
Participants can register and begin the program at any time, but should plan on completing all program requirements within five months of registration. The time commitment will include approximately 1-3 hours for each web-based learning module, successfully passing a brief exam at the end of each module, voluntary participation in a monthly one hour faculty/participant conference call discussions and preparing a final written project.
Registration is open to current INSURED POLICYHOLDERS ONLY. REGISTER HERE: https://onebeacon.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7WnPAOvv1AdBvk9
If you have any questions, please contact Patricia Hughes.